Why Are Companies Grabbing Up Premium, One-Word Domains?
Premium domains perform quite well in search engines because it’s intuitive. Think about it… If you wanted to buy nuts, for instance, you might search nuts into Google. Guess what the first result would be? Nuts.com. In addition to being easier to find, a one-word, premium domain lends itself to trust, legitimacy, and credibility. Wouldn’t you rather visit Realtor.com than wesellhouses4cheap.com?
Here is a list of additional benefits of owning a premium domain:
- Paves the opportunity for you to establish dominance in the market. Think Kleenex for tissues.
- Makes branding more effective and simpler
- Allows for more opportunity for growth, nationally as well as internationally
- Serves as an investment in the future of the company – even if the branding doesn’t work out, the premium domain will increase in value over time
- More intuitive for search
- Better suited for SEO
- Easy to spell and remember, and pass the “radio test” with ease